SAFETY UPDATES FOR 2021
Safely Experience the Labyrinth Masquerade
Event and Safety Enhancements
• COVID-19 Vaccines Required : All guests, vendors, crew and hotel staff will need to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to attend the 2021 Labyrinth Masquerade Ball. The masquerade is a live experience filled with music, dancing, magic and some of the most elaborate costumes you have ever seen.
• Touchless Ticketing & Purchases : This year the Labyrinth Masquerade will be rolling out new touchless ticketing systems, application based purchases and pre-ordering throughout the venue along with upgraded digital experiences for check in, badge retrieval, food and refreshments.
• Cleanliness & Sanitation : We are working alongside the Biltmore to increase the frequency of cleaning of commonly touched areas within the common spaces of the hotel. We are also offering public sanitation stations, and personal sanitation kits in each hotel room which contain free masks.
•In-Event Ambient Areas : Need a place to relax and take a break from the crowd? This year, the Labyrinth Masquerade will be designating some controlled zones to relax. Ticketed patrons with vaccinations will be able to remove their face masks safely in these zones.
JUNE 27th, 2021 - Safety Updates
June 27th, 2021 Update – Over the last several months we are thrilled that COVID-19 restrictions within California have been revised and eased by public health and government officials, signaling a path forward to dance and dream safely one again within the realms.
We continue to be very intentional and gradual in our approach to COVID-19 health and safety protocols. Based on recent trends and guidance, the Labyrinth Masquerade will be making adjustments to each measure which include physical distancing and face coverings.
SAFETY GUIDELINES ( As of 6/27/2021 )
• Vaccinations : All guests, vendors, crew and hotel staff will need to be fully vaccinated (at least 14 days after final dose was administered) for COVID-19 in order to attend the 2021 Labyrinth Masquerade Ball. This currently applies to both California residents and out-of-state visitors. The Labyrinth Masquerade is asking that everyone in attendance this year be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You will be asked.
• Face Masks : We are reviewing current guidance on masks covering the nose and mouth. As of June 27th, 2021 they are required in many areas of the Historic Millennium Biltmore before, during and after show-hours. This includes, but is not limited to: the lobby, hallways, elevators, ballrooms and common area bathrooms.
( Please refer to the current venue policies here ).
• Hotel Access : Only those with a hotel room on premise or a ticket to the event will be granted entry to the Historic Millennium Biltmore. Only ticketed patrons and crew are allowed within the Masquerade.
• Event Capacity : Tickets will be added as of June 27th, 2021 but will remain limited for Labyrinth 2021.
Over the next few weeks we are expecting a lot of changes and updates in rapid succession. Every day we’re quietly rebuilding components and creating new systems to make this year’s Labyrinth Masquerade happen.
Stand by for further updates regarding our full reopening plans, new ticketing details and more information about the celebration as it comes.
By entering The Labyrinth Masquerade, you are confirming that you and all persons in your party are not experiencing any of the following symptoms of COVID-19 identified by the Centers for Disease Control CDC.gov, including:
• Fever or chills
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
•Muscle or body aches
• New loss of taste or smell
• Sore throat
• Congestion or runny nose
• Nausea or vomiting
• Have not been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without completing quarantine and are not under any self-quarantine orders
Guests who cannot confirm all of the above criteria must not enter the Labyrinth Masquerade. If at any point during their visit a Guest does not meet all of the above criteria, they and their traveling party will be required to isolate and may be relocated or asked to leave the property. If you need to reschedule your tickets due to the above, please contact us.
Guests entering the Labyrinth Masquerade acknowledge that they understand and will abide by the above health-and-safety requirements.
The Labyrinth Masquerade experiences and other offerings may be modified, limited in capacity and subject to limited availability.
MAY 27th, 2021 - Labyrinth Masquerade Ball 2021
It is time to begin celebrating once again. . . After a wonderful series of meetings with our partners at the Millennium Biltmore, local officials, and city officials in Los Angeles, we are excited to announce everything we have been working. This has been a historic struggle and with an abundance of kindness and patience from our artists, friends and fans, we continue to navigate these strange days.
It is with great anticipation and joy that we are currently preparing our return to the historic Millenium Biltmore for August 20th & 21st, 2021.
We believe everyone knows that the situation is extremely fluid and things have changed dramatically over the last few months. Over the next few weeks we are expecting a lot of changes and updates in rapid succession. Every day we’re quietly rebuilding components and creating new systems to make this year’s Labyrinth Masquerade happen.
Stand by for our updates for our full reopening plans, new ticketing details and more information about the celebration as it comes. Expect MAJOR updates in the next few days.
DECEMBER 17TH, 2020 - COVID-19 UPDATE
Greetings our dearest friend within the Realms. We hope you and your family are safe and well as we begin to look forward to 2021. As of right now, we remain hopeful and set upon our dates for August 20th & 21st, 2021, and while that is still many months rest assured that our primary goal is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our patrons, artists and crew.
Following the advice of industry, government, and health authorities, we are planning the Labyrinth Masquerade to take place in August of 2021. The coronavirus pandemic is serious and continues to be a severe medical issue. We want to thank all the doctors, nurses, and scientists who have fought against it for us all. Because of the collective hard work and the new vaccination programs rolling out, we are seeing a brighter world outlook for Summer 2021.
More than anything, we are looking look forward to a time where we can gather again under beautiful costumes and dreaming realms – BUT – we will only hold the Masquerade if we can safely.
We are seeing major advances in the fight against coronavirus, and we trust there will be further victories in the months ahead. Your support means the world to us, and never more than right now.
We miss you all so very much and we’re looking forward to seeing you all as soon as we can.
Until then, please do your part. Please stay safe, wear a mask, and get vaccinated when you can. And we hope to open the gates to the realms in Summer.
-The Labyrinth Masquerade Production Team
MAY 20TH, 2020 - COVID-19 UPDATE
Our noble guests of the Masquerade,
We have a new update to share with you today. Our team has diligently worked with the City of Los Angeles, the Historic Millennium Biltmore and our vendors to determine what the late summer holds for our event in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are excited to see things are starting to get better, but there is still a significant safety risk for artists in pre-production and for large events in August 2020. We have collectively decided to postpone the 2020 Labyrinth Masquerade. We will be taking our stories, enchantments and celebrations and pour them into Labyrinth’s new dates on August 20th and 21st, 2021.
The Labyrinth Masquerade is a place of inspiration, art and constant evolution. We dream of dancing in the Royal Court with you all, seeing your beautiful costumes and building fantastic realms for you to enjoy. Now we set our eyes to the future, experimenting with new entertainments to share with you this year as we take a little more time to build Labyrinth XXIII.
Many ticket holders have asked us about forwarding their tickets to 2021 or beyond. For patrons that have already purchased their tickets, we will automatically roll your ticket packages over to our new dates when the gates to the realms may safely open. Over the next couple of weeks, we will be sending updated information to all ticket holders as it becomes available.
For those who had already reserved their stay at the Historic Millennium Biltmore Hotel, the Biltmore will be automatically cancelling and refunding any fees for all room reservations on our event block this year. Please be patient while they work on doing so and if you have any questions, the hotel can be reached at [email protected]
We have watched our artists and patrons come together with kindness and generosity to preserve the well-being of our community. Like many of you, we are determined to fill 2020 with a bit of magic and hope. In the coming weeks, we will be releasing more information about new, interactive adventures within the Royal Court.
Please be kind to each other and stay safe. We cannot express how glad it will make our hearts to see you all soon.
– The Labyrinth Masquerade Production Team